The meeting took place at Hillsborough Trinity Church on Wednesday 17th February at 6pm to 7.30pm. Councillor Josie Paszek chaired the meeting. Cllr George Lindars-Hammond and Ian Lucraft (Chair of Hillsborough Forum) were also in attendance to discuss current issues and answer questions.
The main agenda items were:
- AMEY, Streets Ahead – Update (Helen Judge)
- Police – Update and Local Issues (apologies received due to unforeseen circumstances)
The main discussions held were:
- Motorists Parking on grass verges where trees have been removed
- Graffiti and fly posting in Hillsborough and surrounding areas including Middlewood shops
- Litter issues and used dog fowling bags being thrown into residents gardens
Motorists parking on grass verges – AMEY Steward Helen Judge acknowledged that this is a city wide issue and encouraged the public members present to come along to the weekly drop-in sessions every Thursday 3pm – 5pm at First Point, Hillsborough Barracks where they can raise any concerns they have there.
Graffiti – A main issue was brought up around an unused shop in Hillsborough which is being subjected to graffiti and fly posting in which Councillors recognise is an issue and will address with council services and the shop owner.
Litter – Councillors aim to tackle litter issues by continually looking into and arranging litter picks within the Hillsborough Ward.
Toilet space has been identified within the Hillsborough shopping centre. Talks, plans and negotiations are currently taking place.
A defibrillator campaign will be starting in Hillsborough and will be launched at the Hillsborough Exchange on Tuesday 23rd February at 2pm where a defibrillator unit will be installed.
- We are pleased to announce the dates for our pruning workshops
- Sunday 21st and Sunday 28th Februaryin Meersbrook from 11am to 2.30pm
These workshops are offered this year on a ‘pay as you feel’ basis.
To book a place visit www.yapsody.com and search for Abundance
Save the date!
The Grow Sheffield Annual General Meeting will be on Sunday 3rd April at the Broomhall Centre. Short AGM at 6pm then our partnership Ceilidh with the lovely Well Dressed Band.